Saturday, June 14, 2008

Menu for a Busy Day

With hot-water heater problems and my continued attempts at spring cleaning, our life is pretty busy but a family still has to eat, no?

Here's what we had today:

Breakfast:
Asiago cheese omeletes with red peppers, Asiago cheese bread (Panera from yesterday), Jones Farms All Natural pre-cooked sausage links (Costco)

Lunch:
Chicken salad varieties- My husband likes the traditional Miracle Whip-based version. Very simple, using chicken I grilled yesterday outside between thunderstorms. The chicken was breasts that come individually frozen from Costco well-seasoned with lemon pepper, garlic and kosher salt. I put his salad on a croissant and topped it with Amish-made Swiss cheese. My husband said it was the best chicken salad sandwich he had ever had!

I made another version for myself using poppyseed salad dressing- I like Brianna's Rich Poppyseed Dressing.

It is simple and all-natural and absolutely delicious. Even my picky eater loves this dressing!

I added finely chopped onion, red pepper (you can tell I bought some at the farmer's market) and black raisins. I plated mine as a scoop with a roll and a side of Santa Cruz Organic Cinnamon Applesauce. Very satisfying with a glass of ice-cold lemonade on a hot day.

Finally, our dinner menu was an encore due to my son's request. He wanted "pasta like yesterday". Well, I changed it up a little and cooked up some farfalle (bow-tie pasta) instead of yesterday's unusual shape of pasta. I then fried up some ground beef and added jar tomato sauce (We especially like Organic Ragu) and 3 tablespoons of cooked from frozen petite, sweet organic peas from Whole Foods.

Chase had 3 helpings!

Well, tomorrow is another day. I still have some tilapia that I grilled yesterday....

No comments:

Post a Comment