Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Advent Calendars

I know that I am blogging about this past the official start of Advent but I feel that our family has been so blessed by celebrating Advent that I would like to see other homeschoolers join in even now.

I ended up making an Advent calendar because I wanted one that had lift-the-flap with pertinent Scriptures underneath.

This creation of mine took place after I spent time at the library and online looking for Advent ideas.

I wanted to include some Advent calendar links to get you started. Remember, it does not have to be too fancy or perfect in every way, just a method to help you count down to the most important event in the history of the world- the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Lent and Beyond -very cute, innovative ideas (muffin tin advent calendar). You may need to be bit crafty for many of these.

BBC Online -an online calendar with poetry, music or Bible readings for each day of Advent.

Family Fun always has good craft ideas and Advent calendars ae no exception. If you wanted to, you could find a way to add Scripture to the project along with or to replace the candy suggested.

TeachingMom has (of course) a wonderful, very educational Advent calendar along with many links and great ideas for celebrating Advent.

Christian Book Distributors, my favorite Christmas and Advent store has Advent calendars you can buy and have in just a couple of days with rush shipping. I have listed a few below.





012834: Advent Calendar on DVD 2: Christmas Carol EditionAdvent Calendar on DVD 2: Christmas Carol Edition


Advent Calendars


I hope you find something you can use!

Related posts: Advent Products At CBD, Our Advent begins, Homeschool Advent sites

No comments:

Post a Comment