Monday, December 8, 2008

Dear Jesus: My Christmas Wish List

This is the time of year that we are all thinking about gifts, getting them and giving them. I was journaling this morning, writing a letter to God and trying to remember to prayerfully ask for what I need instead of worrying or becoming frustrated.

There are several gifts I would like to ask for and if they come well before Christmas, that is OK:
  • To be able to pray more. As I referred to above, my natural instinct is not to pray in all things, unceasing. I would like help from you Lord in remembering to pray all the time.
  • To re-commit to my daily Bible studies. I would like help to never skip a week here or there but to remain consistent despite the circumstance (sickness, whatever).
  • To teach my children to pray and study the Bible. Please guide me as I am reviewing ways to show Chase how to do a word study.
  • More faith in a faithful God who never changes.
  • More joy in all circumstances, just because I am saved by God's grace and I am to rejoice in the day the Lord has made.
  • More of the peace that passes all understanding. Again, despite the circumstances, peace in what I pray for to you today.
Jesus, I know that I have been more naughty than nice and surely do not deserve your blessings. But I ask that you in your grace and mercy, through the sacrifice of your son, Jesus grant me these things of which I am asking.

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment