Sunday, February 20, 2005

Hectic Sundays

I know I need to do something about our Sunday mornings. As the day that the Lord rested, Sundays should be similar for our family. Instead, I often find myself rushing around, stressed out and rushed trying to do too many "relaxing" things. The baby has decided to put her bowl of cereal on her head, Chase is following me everywhere and begging to watch a video and my husband always seems to take too long to get ready for church.

Whoa! Time to regroup. I guess a little cereal in one's hair could be a new kind of conditioning treatment and I can tell people that I am experimenting with highlights in Alyssa's hair. Maybe three straight hours of Magic School Bus videos are not really that harmful. And if Sam has to run to the car dripping wet in order for us to get to church before the worship is over, we can keep a spare towel in the car.

Today's Devotion:

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it"

Dear Lord,
Help me to respect Your Sabbath and spend the day in loving, peaceful relations with all whom I encounter. Give me wisdom and patience to make the best decisions today and help me to keep all strife out of my household. In Jesus name I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment